Introduce Yourself

Welcome to the Earth.fm community!

If you have just arrived, this is the best place to begin. We would be very happy to learn more about your story and what brought you here :smiley:

5 Likes

Hey everyone!

My name is Cata and I have been working for the last few years on a free mindfulness app with Zen insights called Plum Village.

More recently I have been inspired to work on a side-project that is based around the magic of natural soundscapes.

I live in France, in a very rural area, close to a mindfulness practice center.

Ask me anything :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Hi, I’m Melissa, nature field recordist and sound designer based in Portugal, also in a rural area with the most beautiful sunsets.
I’m very happy to go out on the fields almost everyday to listen, observe animals and sometimes record. Mostly I want to ride the bike, read a book and have a swim in the lake nearby. :honeybee:

9 Likes

Hello All! I’m Alec, I live in Melbourne Australia, I like the city but i miss nature dearly. This is a really cool idea, I can’t wait to explore all these natural sounds, thanks for creating it! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hey Alec, nice meeting you!

Soon we’ll have more sound recordings from Australia. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everybody, nice to meet you all! :slight_smile:

My name is Tommaso, but you can call me Tommy!

I’m a field recordist and content creator from Italy! In the past 2 years, I started to post on my Youtube channel videos about this amazing topic and some tuts about audio gear and how to start a podcast.

I’ve worked for 4 years as a podcast producer freelance and now, I’m working as a content creator for a Spanish company.

Last year I’ve launched my little podcast about field recording, firstly in Italian, then, 2 weeks ago the new season in English.

I run (with 3 friends) a podcast series on Soundcloud about electronic music focusing basically on Ambient/IDM and one focus on housy/club vibes.

I’m super happy to be here with y’all. Finally, I don’t feel alone anymore! Big up everybody and peace out!

6 Likes

Hi there, my Name is Norm,
I am a retired Software developer and like to listen to nature sounds when working on the computer.

5 Likes

Hi…I am Bob from midland USA. It’s great to be here.

5 Likes

Welcome Tommy! Sounds great! Feel free to share the links to your various projects!

2 Likes

Hey Norm, welcome to the club! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great to have you around Bob!

2 Likes

Hi I am Federica, I live in Italy and I’m a special education teacher. I love nature and I practice outdoor education

5 Likes

Hey Tommy, super nice to have you here. Please share your your podcast with us :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome Federica!
What does outdoor education consist of?

For children but also adults, it is about living school in nature, using its characteristics to learn, play… in Italy we have kindergarten in the woods and schools of the sea and the forest as educational projects

3 Likes

Hello!
My name is John. I’m a retired filmmaker living just outside of Ensenada in Baja California, Mexico. I LOVE listening to natural sounds as it describes the intricacies of the surrounding environment. Thank to all who created this channel! Off I go exploring! :sunglasses:
Gracias
John

6 Likes

Welcome John! We need more soundscapes from Mexico! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for plum village!! I love that app!!!

3 Likes

LOVE to add some. Give me instructions on how to do and I’ll give you two distinct soundscape from my region.:sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

That all sounds fantastic!