Looking forward to hearing some of those recordings :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you I am so pleased to have found the Earth.fm

2 Likes

Hi Andrew. This seems very cool!

You might find these articles interesting:

Are you also considering geophones? Geofón – LOM

Hi Melissa,
I’m in Sydney, Australia. I’m interested in being part of the community and contributing nature sounds. If you can help me with getting involved that would be great.
Thanks so much.
Murray

Hello.

Thank you for reaching out! How nice to hear that. You can send me an email to melissa @ earth.fm and to start chatting more about it :slight_smile:

Hello everyone. I’m Martha from Kenya. I work in conservation, tourism, and storytelling fields. I’ve always been fascinated by sound, but I started venturing into nature sound recording recently. I’m glad to be part of this community, and I look forward to listening to sounds from all over the globe, and contributing some from my small corner of the world.

3 Likes

Welcome Martha.

We look forward to hear your recordings!

2 Likes

Hi all, I’m Fabrizio from Italy.
I work as SRE but my hobby and passion is field recording, sound editing (self-taught) and in general preservation of natural environment.
Want to thank you all for your contribution and work and hope to I’ll start publish something soon!

3 Likes

Hello
I’m Zahra. You can call me zara
from Iran .
I am currently a student.
I really need such sounds to solve the exercises I am happy that I can hear the sound of nature even at school and at home.

I am really happy to have found such a community.

1 Like

Welcome and thanks for sharing your experience Zahra :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Everyone! I am Giselle, I am from the beautiful twin isle Trinidad & Tobago, the southern most island in the Caribbean that is an amputation from the South American mainland (so not really a caribbean island)

I live in a very tiny community that in Trinidad’s Northern Range. Our community, once occupied by the Indigenous people is located in the middle of the rainforest. I am part of the indigenous community, the Caribé people. I spend most of my days working in the field as a researcher with a particular interest in birds. I am excited to be part of this community and explore nature through sound.

2 Likes

Hello!

My name is Emmanuel and I live in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. I am a sound designer that has been working in the video game industry for 6 years.
I discovered your wonderful site today and I fell in love with the concept instantly. I find it truly amazing to be able to pick and choose locations on the map to hear their soundscapes.

I am occasionally going on field recording trips myself and will probably be interested in participating eventually. I see that there isn’t a lot of soundscapes from my area, so it may be an interesting addition.

Thank you to everybody that already contributed, I really enjoy listening to your recordings! :slightly_smiling_face: