Introduce Yourself

Bienvenue Pilippe! Nous espĆ©rons quā€™il vous plaira ici

Hi all. Iā€™m an author, creative collaborator, and naturalist who lives south of Atlanta. I just stumbled across this site. Thank you to all for contributing. What a blessing. I will try to grab some sounds from the Southern countryside soon.

5 Likes

Hi there, thank you so much for your words and welcome to the earth.fm community!
For submissions please read our guidelines here.
Weā€™re looking forward to listen to your countryside!

1 Like

Hello to everyone and thanks for this project, we need to maintain the focus on the Natural Environmentā€¦ If you know more about something, youā€™ll respect more (maybe!)

Iā€™m an architect / aesthete / explorer / awake dreamer

Iā€™m into photography / art installations / design / cooking / plants

34 years old, Italian _ In my backpack 12 years travelling, books and still a lot of curiosity

4 Likes

Sorry to message here, but I donā€™t know how to send private messages. I was wondering about how long an audio submission onto the map should be to be admitted? Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi @wiggly,

Thanks for your message!

Minimum length is 5 minutes - you can read the guidelines in the following link: How to submit your recordings to Earth.fm

Cheers,

2 Likes

Good afternoom! My name is Filipe I am brazilian and I did my PhD in Ecology recording birds in the Pantanal (the largest wetland in the World). I used specialized devices to record the birds and left these devices in the field for many days during different periods (dry period, wet period). In the laboratory where I work we have been collecting sounds in the Pantanal for many year and we have something between 200 Terabites of sound recordings including all kind of wild organisms in the nature. We would like to participate of this project. Our work and research team coordinated by Professor Karl-L Schuchmann and Professor Marinez Isaac Marques can be found in the site https://cobra.ic.ufmt.br.

4 Likes

Martin from NSW Australia, doing my first breathing and ice session Saturday

2 Likes

OlĆ” @Filipe,

Your area of research sounds so interesting! :smiley:

Thank you so much for reaching out and for your willingness to contribute to Earth.fm with your recordings - Iā€™ll send you a private message to discuss more about it.

Welcome to our community!

Hi Martin,

Welcome to our community!

I hope you enjoy our recordings with your breathing and ice sessions :smiley:

Hi Andrea,

Thank you very much for introducing yourself here!
Indeed, we need to learn to listen and slow down.

Iā€™m very curious about your experiences, 12 years backpacking like that sounds very special. If you have a website or blog, feel free to share it here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am not selling anything. I love the sounds of nature and appreciate that all of you are contributing. After years of city living I have moved to rural Oregon and discovered that I can hear the sound of rain running down the leaves and trunks of trees when it rains. I am in love with our incredible planet.
ann marie

3 Likes

Ciao Melissa! Iā€™m happy to share, and Iā€™d love to learn more about this community as well :blush: Iā€™m not good with the upload of my website but my project of these last 3 years is starting to get a shape, so Iā€™m sharing GREENERY

All of you, take care of yourself <3

2 Likes

Thank you! I also got your IG! Have a great weekend!

Hi. I just love nature sounds without music or anything else added to them (you get that on some nature sounds recordings). It would be so great if we had the ability to bookmark our favorites and / or make a playlist of favorites.

1 Like

Hi @LTSings,

Thanks a lot for the feedback. Youā€™d be happy to learn that we are working on those and other features. 2023 will be a very exciting year for Earth.fm :smiley:

If you wish so, you can register to our newsletter and weā€™ll keep you informed.

Here you can see a teaser to show how the playlists will look like: Rain - earth.fm - Happy to hear your thoughts.

Cheers,

Borja

2 Likes

Hi
I thank you for letting me join the group.
I have just retired and finding my self drawn to field recording . I have just started a 365 day sound project as away to learn about sound recording, amazed by the sounds recorded by contact microphones on wire pushed into the soil.

1 Like

Hi @Andew !

Welcome to the group

Looking forward to hearing some of those recordings :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you I am so pleased to have found the Earth.fm

2 Likes

Hi Andrew. This seems very cool!

You might find these articles interesting:

Are you also considering geophones? GeofĆ³n ā€“ LOM